Sunday, March 04, 2007

Back - past days

Apologies for having been gone. While I've been silent, I got in touch again with the past inside me. I miss blogging, but blogging can reveal the most private parts of your life. Writing seems to be a way out for me, yet sometimes also seems to be a path to destruction. Somebody asked me that day, "Weren't you mature in JC?"
"No," I told him, "I wasn't." I still aren't now. It would probably take me a lot longer than others to do so, but thank you for those who have been marvelously patient.

28th February 2007, Wednesday


I needed a break. Wondered if things will be different after this, will things change.

1st March 2007, Thursday

I survived.

2nd March 2007, Friday

What would you like to hear first?

My sister's got my brother's old handphone, a better phone than mine. Don't know why she would need one but she has got one.

--------------------
Went back to AJ for a farewell party for our band teacher-in-charge, Mdm Foo, who's retiring. Things were alright. We had catered dinner/buffet, a short performance by Jeremy, Zhi Xiang and Desmond, a short presentation for Mdm Foo, the presentation of gifts for her and a cake. I was... where I was. Kind of wish I didn't go back because I don't really like gatherings or socializing. Thank goodness Jeremy, Jin Yue and another girl was there. They made my non-existence a little more bearable. Just kidding. Sometimes I think that these kinds of things should just be for the leaders. But it was very sweet of Joel to organize this whole thing.

Saw the J1s from first 3 months in their secondary school uniforms and it brought back so many memories. I don't know a single of them now. The band is so small now with barely 40 people altogether. The band room hasn't changed much. The red carpet's still there, dirty as ever, and the wall mural is still there.

The school hasn't changed much either. Save for the canteen where they reorganized the seats and put in more seats behind the canteen itself (beside the toilets), as well as the barrier at the main gate, things look pretty much the same. Buildings look the same, parade square still there (haha), lockers still the same. It was odd to be walking the corridors again and I really felt like walking back to the locker I had, the one near the very end. I saw Mr Sng, my physics teacher, but didn't go up to say hi. He looks the same still. I reckon I still look about the same.

I walked to the bus interchange alone. Hadn't walked that route since I went back to take my A-level results 2 years ago but my feet knew the way. It was like going home from school after band practice again. I crossed the same traffic light and the same pedestrian crossing. It was odd to be taking 72 again. My feet really knew the way.

Throughout, I was thinking.

--------------------
My friend's parents are getting divorced. I shan't say who it is because I think the person would rather keep it private. I was shocked, I still am. Thought about the future, would there be more divorces in Singapore? If I'm not wrong, the numbers are already increasing.

I wish that my friend will be fine and be strong.

--------------------
Brother received his A-level chinese results. A horrid D.

3rd March 2007, Saturday

It is a good day. Went to Eugene's house, lo-hei, watched my cousins, uncle and brother play mahjong. I survived.

Labels: , , ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

2 Comments:

At 3:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want to go back AJ too!! :)

and you're not non-existant la! at least u add joy to my days in AJ!! :)

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger tstar said...

hey aimei...

thanks, you're so sweet. =)
no lah, i was talking about that day, not in overall...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home