Thursday, April 26, 2007

Exam Dream

I had a scary dream last night.

It was the examination period and I went to school for my paper. For one of the papers, Abnormal Psychology, I went into the hall late, sat down and flipped open the paper to find that the questions were unfamiliar. Then I checked the name tag on my table (I don't know why there's a tag) and realized I'm in the wrong hall. I was in the Advanced Abnormal Psychology hall and the girl who was supposed to be in the seat was my friend, Aimei, who in real life is in Business faculty.

Then I got out of MPSH 6 and was trying to find the correct hall. Can't remember what happened but I think I met Aimei and now we were supposed to be sitting for our JC maths9233 paper. I know it was JC maths because I remember in the dream I was thinking about Mr. Yeo, our JC maths teacher, but we were going to take JC maths in NUS. It didn't seem weird in the dream but now it does. Aimei had just decided not to sit for the paper this semester and at that point I started thinking of integration and formulas and realized that I was not well-prepared for it either - heck, I didn't even prepare for maths! So knowing that I wouldn't be able to do anything and not really wanting to go into the hall, I walked home with Aimei. But the school in my dream is not like NUS but a bit like the exterior of the place where my Secondary School was temporarily moved to a few years ago.

I remember thinking that I gave up 2 papers in the dream and what a waste it was. Then I met Ming Zhu and somehow she didn't want to take some paper (not sure if it was maths or abnormal psychology) either. And there was a baby in the scene and I think she was bending down to comfort the baby and somehow by accident she took the paper and she scored full marks for it. At the end of the dream somehow I had a piece of white, blank paper that had a huge red cross and with "0" at the bottom. I was carrying it around at home and was trying to hide it from my father.

According to Biopsychology, I had this dream in my REM sleep because the story is narrative. The reason why I could still remember the dream is because my REM sleep is most probably not too long before I woke up.

The dream actually seemed quite real to me. I hate the dream.

Labels: , ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

11 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger ar zhou said...

Hey, dun let that dream affect you k? It was just a dream after all :)

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger eStee said...

Girl.... :) I know dreams can be really real... Somehow I totally understand how you feel. Don't let your studies affect your education.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger tstar said...

no lah, no! it didn't affect me! it's just that the dream seem very real, u know, the way dreams usually seem? hehz.. paiseh... thanks for the concern!
tink i brought everything into my dream...

estee: somehow i'm just damn slack, not interested in my education...

 
At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's weird! You miss me too much? Let's meet up soon k!!! :)

Dun tink so much k? Mr Yeo was our JC teacher? who's Mr Yeo?

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger tstar said...

aimei: mr yeo our maths teacher lor!! how can u forget him?!! or did i remember his name wrongly...?

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger JeriCa.SurFsLaYer said...

Don't think so much!! Dreams are opposite of reality. =D

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger stephanie said...

hi dear! do take care.. *HUGS

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger tstar said...

alexandra: wah lao, no lah!!! i just tot it was interesting the way my dream mixed everything together! i'm NOT affected by it!
hahaha, "dreams r opposite of reality"... hahaha... great comfort words, though! thanks! =D

stephanie: hey! thanks! =)

 
At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha no la! The funny funny maths teacher who always like to call benjamin and cheston right! It's Mr yong!! lol~

And I know it's very off, but happy that you dreamt of me! ha.
And we both got 0 in the dream. woo.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger tstar said...

aimei: ARGH! i don't believe i remembered his name wrongly!! then who's mr yeo... oh, my secondary school discipline master! =D

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger VaLeN said...

hee, i'm in yr dream as well =))

but i dun tink i can score full marks, the one who a zero score shld be me, lol...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home