Saturday, June 30, 2007

Alumni percussionists

Bumped into Jiaxing, my percussion junior from both XMS and AJ last night, while on the bus to alumni practice. He decided to join us for a while and to look-see. This is the junior I was pissed at long ago for putting his religion over us and making it sound completely ridiculous. This is my batch's direct junior. And boy, can he still play.

Last night we had 4 out of 5 generations of percussionists in one room. In terms of seniority, Zhi Wei and I were the oldest there. Do you know how it feels to see percussionists from across generations gather in one room?

There were not a lot of us, only 6 altogether, about a person from each batch. It was a pity Alvin does not want to play anymore if not there would have been 5 generations.

There was still something missing, though. That link between us, that something which allows us to play as a section and be a section. I wonder if it matters to pull these 5 - 6 people together, but I would really like to feel that sensation again. It won't be me although I am currently the coordinator for the section. I lack the ability to pull people together and I know who can rise up to the role.

Ah, we only have 2 weeks left to performance time. Does it really matter?

I would really love to play with my batch again and some of those from later batches.

Is there really a possibility that I can experience that again? That euphoria and feeling as one.

Labels: , ,

Subscribe to Posts [Atom] or  Subscribe in a reader

2 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger yz said...

who is that link? fang!? haha...
and yes. i know how it's like to see percussionists from across generations gather in one room =)
PLUS, that 4 out of 5 generations, minus alvin's, also minus mine leh!!!!
but nvm =) if you rem to bring your cam on that day, we might just be able to get a shot. =D haha

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger tstar said...

haha... eh, i wasn't thinking of fang... actually i wasn't thinking of a person, i was thinking of something, but not sure what that thing is.

yeah! a 6-generation shot! =D that'd be cool! damn cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home